Hi, my name is Monica Zhuang, I’m a Chinese journalist living in Milan.
I am active in art, literature, film, music, and digital culture fields, and currently collaborating with tibicon as a culture consultant, translator, and freelance writer.
I see myself as a bridge between western and oriental cultures since I’ve lived on both sides, and I am always curious about the roots of certain phenomena.
What am I most passionate about?
Gender inequality topics; being able to use my words and voice to reduce the gender inequality gap would be my lifelong pursing purpose.
- 2013-2017 Guangdong University of Finance & Economics
- Bachelor of Arts, Teaching Chinese as a Second Language
- 2020-2022 Università Degli Studi di Milano
- Master’s degree, Corporate Communications (Digital communication and public opinion)
Papers & projects during graduate school
- Gender differences in feeling safe by walking alone at night: A comparison of three European countries
- Service, Hatred and Redemption: How online platforms as Puppeteers during the Covid-19 pandemic toward American Millennial
- The Iron Man in Metaverse: A case study of public opinions around Elon Musk on Twitter
- Beyond appearance: Digital nomad’s lifestyle
- Passion Exploitation: Investigating digital prosumption as a new form of capitalism on the WeChat public account
- Rise of Chinese bands: A new consumption business model in digital music
- Marketing advance: Disney+ business case road-book
In the company
- 2016-2020 ZAKER as Chief Editor and Journalist
- Responsible for the channel’s content operations, creating new columns
- Initiating cross-departmental projects
- Taking charge of new employee training
- Reaching out to various public figures & conducting interviews
- 2021-2021 WUDAO NONGYING CULTURE MEDIA (XIAMEN) CO., LTD. as Marketing manager
- Responsible for public relationships with clients, developed a model for the company’s publicity plan; also in charge of government PR.
- Certificate for Radio and Television Editor and Journalist (2018)
- Certificate for Network Culture Content Auditor (2019)
- Fluent in English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Teochew dialect, and basic Japanese.