Contents and details of the course
Why a course on the performance appraisal interview?
Feedback is crucial in improving staff performance, and the performance appraisal interview plays an essential role in the overall performance management process.
This eLearning course is designed to help supervisors and their staff improve the management of feedback and the performance appraisal interview: it can make a decisive impact in improving the whole organisation performance.
The course will be helpful if…
… you hold or are preparing to take on a supervisory role
… as a supervisor or a staff member, you are preparing to manage the performance appraisal interview
… you know you need to improve your people management and your relationship with colleagues
… you are an HR professional and need to design and/or manage the performance management process
… you are a manager or an entrepreneur and want to learn more about this topic
What about the expected duration?
1.5 to 2 hours. It will depend on your commitment.
You will be free to choose when to work on the course!
Even if you only have 15 minutes, make the most of it: you will automatically pick up where you left off. Furthermore, to make the most of your time and energy, take my advice and not rush through the course: organise different sessions for no more than 60 minutes.
What are the contents of the course?
4 chapters: below is the table of contents.
Are you expecting to get bored?
Prepare to change your mind! The course is designed to encourage in-depth exploration of the topic and the individual experience. Exercises, video clips, tutorials, quizzes, cartoon strips and dialogues structured to offer a unique learning experience:
- 6 videos inspired by real situations
- 13 exercises
- 6 interactive pages
- pdf files to download and use in the future (see below the titles)
What about the learning material?
During the course you will use the following learning material, that you can download for future use:
- Open-ended or semi-open-ended questions in the performance appraisal interview
- Your guide to the performance appraisal interview
- Closed-ended questions – Comprehension check – Examples
- Closed-ended questions – Paraphrasing – Examples
PC, tablet or smartphone?
- You can use a PC or a mobile device (tablet/smartphone) that supports HTML5 (IOS, Android, Windows): with tablet/smartphone, the use of some contents may not be ideal: better to use a PC.
- We recommend using the up-to-date version of the most popular browsers: Chrome and Safari usually offer better performance.
The certificate of attendance
At the end of the course, you will download your attendance certificate once you pass the test.
Here is now the contents of the course: access for free the first section.