Contents and details of the course
Why I designed a course on asking questions?
The course aims at helping learners to improve their ability to formulate questions to achieve specific goals in different contexts, retaining control over communication and improving their questioning skills.
Who should take this course?
The topics are of general interest: salespeople, lawyers, project managers, consultants, recruiters, managers, designers, negotiators, team leaders, service technicians and researchers are but a few of the professional profiles that might be interested.
People determined to increase efficiency and effectiveness in communication may find this course engaging: the course is helpful in negotiation, teamwork, R&D, problem-solving, conflict management and in any situation where communication is critical.
What about in private life? In my experience, the course is very helpful here too.
What about the expected duration?
2 to 3 hours. It will depend on your commitment.
You will be free to choose when to work on the course!
Even if you only have 15 minutes, make the most of it: you will automatically pick up where you left off. Furthermore, to make the most of your time and energy, take my advice and do not rush through the course: organise different sessions for no more than 60 minutes.
Are you expecting to get bored?
Prepare to change your mind! The course is designed to encourage in-depth exploration of the topic and the individual experience. Exercises, video clips, tutorials, quizzes, cartoon strips and dialogues structured to offer a unique learning experience:
- 13 videos inspired by real situations
- 51 exercises
- 17 interactive pages
- 8 pdf files to download and use in the future.
See below more details about the contents.
What about the learning material?
During the course you will use the following learning material, that you can download for future use:
- Open questions – Needs and motivation – Examples
- Open questions – Sales, marketing and commercial negotiation – Examples
- Open questions – efficiency and effectiveness – Examples
- Open questions – technical support, customer care – Examples
- Closed-ended questions – Comprehension check – Examples
- Closed-ended questions – Paraphrasing – Examples
- Glossary of the main terms used in the course
- Recommended movies
PC, tablet or smartphone?
- You can use a PC or a mobile device (tablet/smartphone) that supports HTML5 (IOS, Android, Windows): with tablet/smartphone the use of some contents may not be ideal: better to use a PC.
- We recommend to use the up-to-date version of the most popular browsers: Chrome and Safari usually offer better performance.
The certificate of attendance
At the end of the course, you will download your certificate of attendance once you pass the test.
Here is now the contents of the course: access for free the first two sections.