Speaking in public is a challenging task for many, especially when the audience:
- is particularly competent and authoritative;
- will evaluate your performance;
- can influence your future, personal or professional;
- is simply… large!
You also might find it challenging to face the presence of media, especially if the camera is involved.
Well, this course aims at helping you to be well prepared to speak in public and manage challenging situations.
This course is designed to help you develop the skills related to public speaking when you have to make a presentation (of projects, reports, other) in meetings or situations where media and/or a larger audience is involved.
- The types of audience you can meet
- Presenting to your colleagues, in a meeting, or to a broad audience
- The importance of the environment and the tools used
- The map and the territory: why you must know both
Prepare your speech
- Being well prepared is crucial for your success
- Methods to structure the contents
- Opening and engaging the audience
- Managing the presentation effectively
- The conclusion
- Tips to prevent undesired emotion effects: how to manage and control them
- How to interact with the audience when you don’t feel comfortable
Presentation and audience management
- Is the audience really interested in your speech?
- The gaze trap
- How to manage the space and the movement
- Controlling your voice effectively: volume, tempering, pause, silence
- Interacting with participants: questions and distraction management
- Managing bored, tired, exuberant audience
- Pay attention to your look
- Things to avoid, suggested attitudes and postures
What about the learning material?
- Course slides
- Articles about effective communication
- Video clips
- Cartoon strips
- Recommended movies
- This course has been designed and structured to promote complete immersion in the topic and the individual experience
- The participants will face situations through exercises and video clips that reproduce moments similar to the ones they face daily.
- Would you like to know more about the teaching method? Click here.
Final test and certificate
At the end of the course, participants take a test; after passing it, they can download their certificate of attendance.
Sixteen hours or more.