Conflict is a critical issue that primarily concerns organisations because it affects the achievement of objectives; for this reason, learning conflict management techniques is a priority for anyone interested in improving the business climate and the quality of results.
Support the development of negotiation skills that can help to identify solutions shared by different persons or departments, thus reducing the risk of conflict.
Who should take this course?
The course is intended for those, within the organisation, who are responsible for managing resources and who are involved in cross-functional processes or projects.
The cross-functional negotiation and related concepts
- Organisational conflict as a sign of different interests
- Identify the structure of the conflict, interests and objectives of the involved parties
- Define tactics and negotiating strategy
The role of perception
- The importance of information as a means of interpreting the structure of the negotiations
- To acquire the awareness that reality can be perceived differently by the parties involved
- Tips for looking at reality with different eyes
Negotiating keeping a specific position
- I win, you lose: negotiation as a zero-sum game
- The difference between hard and soft negotiation style
- When you should be soft and when being inflexible would make you win
Planning the negotiations accurately
- Why the success of the negotiation lies mainly in its preparation
- Identify the negotiation phases and treat them individually, carefully planning your actions
Restructuring the negotiation
- Give new structure to the negotiation context: leave your hard/soft position and start negotiating cooperatively
- Why it is in your interest to pay attention to the needs of your counterpart
- Learn to develop options to reach your objectives
- Tips for using the paradox to restructure the negotiation context
What about the learning material?
- Course slides
- Articles about negotiation
- Cartoon strips
- Recommended movies and books
This course has been designed and structured to promote complete immersion in the topic and the individual experience.
The participants will face situations through exercises and video clips that reproduce moments similar to the ones they face daily.
Would you like to know more about the teaching method? Click here.
Final test and certificate
At the end of the course, participants take a test; after passing it, they can download their certificate of attendance.
Sixteen hours or more.