It is a common belief that power is in telling others what to do. Actually, strength lies in knowing how to structure questions that can help you get the information you need and help you maintain control of communication.
Who should take this course?
The topics are of general interest: salespeople, lawyers, project managers, consultants, recruiters, managers, designers, negotiators, team leaders, service technicians and researchers are but a few of the professional profiles that might be interested.
People determined to increase efficiency and effectiveness in communication may find this course engaging: the course is helpful in negotiation, teamwork, R&D, problem-solving, conflict management and in any situation where communication is critical.
The course aims at helping learners to improve their ability to formulate questions to achieve specific goals in different contexts, retaining control over communication and improving their questioning skills.
- Open and closed questions: when to use the two types of question
- Open and semi-open questions: uses and formulation techniques
- When to use the open question to get the information you need
- Let’s find out the link between open question and motivation
- Closed questions – Clarification, comprehention check and paraphrasing
- On what occasions you’d better not to ask … «why.»
- Tips for finding out if a person knows what you don’t know
- The use of questions in problem-solving
- Tips to discover the power of your… shoes
- The questions you should ask yourself when learning
What about the learning material?
During the course you will use the following learning material, that you can download for future use:
- Course slides
- Examples of different types of questions
- Articles about effective communication
- Glossary with the main terms used in the course
- Cartoon strips
- Recommended movies
- This course has been designed and structured to promote complete immersion in the topic and the individual experience
- The participants will face situations through exercises and video clips that reproduce moments similar to the ones they face daily.
- Would you like to know more about the teaching method? Click here.
Final test and certificate
At the end of the course, participants take a test; after passing it, they can download their certificate of attendance.
8 o 16 hours:
- 16 hours if the course takes place entirely in the classroom;
- 8 hours if participants attend the e-learning course The power of questions before the classroom sessions, using the time spent with the teacher to deepen the more complex topics.