Working with companies as a business coach, I often notice a lack of awareness in people regarding some key issues:
- the scope of the role they manage and their responsibilities;
- the value they add to the performance of the organization;
- the need to update and develop their knowledge and make it available to the company.
Too many people behave as if nothing could disturb the restless flow of their workday.
How can they gain a better awareness of themselves and their job?
Over the years, I’ve achieved good results by asking people a few questions, which I want to share with you today.
Ready to answer?
Here we go:
- Could you describe in 120 seconds the value you add to the organization’s performance?
- Do you think your work is properly rewarded by the company?
- Are you still learning? And how? Do you use specific tools?
- Do you enjoy working?
- What would you do if you suddenly lost your job? Do you have a strategy?
And, most importantly…
… if you were to run for your current role, would you get it?
What are your answers?